- Approximately 5,500 square feet (minimum of 3,500 uninterrupted square feet).
- 24/7 access.
- Acoustic isolation from any same-building, volume-sensitive tenants (although actual orchestra rehearsal times can be limited to 5-10pm Monday – Friday, 9am- 10pm Saturday – Sunday).
- Minimum ceiling height of 25’, with adequate lighting or ability to expand lighting.
- Loading dock access or similar to accommodate a 24’ box truck.
- Adequate temperature control.
- Adequate security (may be provided separately).
- Adequate bathroom facilities.
- Parking for up to 100 vehicles, including 24/7 parking for HSO box truck.
- Location: Preferably Hartford; surrounding suburbs west and east of the CT River.
- Available for occupancy beginning July 2024 – March 2025.
Additional, options features include a lounge/reception space, 1 or 2 private or semi-private offices and space for personal lockers.
Currently celebrating its’ 80th season, the HSO is Connecticut’s premier musical organization and widely recognized as one of America’s leading regional orchestras. The HSO captivates and inspires audiences of all ages by presenting more than 100 concerts and special events annually for more than 60,000 people of all ages. Major programming includes the Masterworks Series, POPS! Series, Sunday Serenades, Discovery Concerts, Symphony in Schools, Musical Dialogues, the Talcott Mountain Music Festival, annual gala, free community concerts, diverse education programming, and more.
The HSO’s mission is to enrich lives and community through great music. It is comprised of 86 musicians, 14 administrative staff, a Board of Directors and dozens of volunteers. The annual budget is approximately $6M, more than 60% of total revenue is derived from contributed sources (individual donations, foundation grants, corporate sponsorships)