To enrich lives and community through great music.
HSO will be widely known for and unrivaled in its ability to:
- Openly engage our community and its diverse people
- Foster joy for music and an appreciation of its transformative power
To be the organization of choice for music consumers
Our Brand Promise:
Alive through great music!
Criteria by which we will be measured:
- Excellence – To foster a joy of music and an appreciation of its transformative power, the HSO subscribes to the highest standards of orchestral music performance and experience.
- Engagement – To develop a relevant, customer-centric organization which builds deep, meaningful – and hopefully life-long – connections. HSO pledges to listen and be responsive to and positively engage with our patrons, musicians and other stakeholders; to meet pertinent community needs (e.g., education, healing, etc.) and to work with all parties in a spirit of collaboration, partnership and inclusivity.
- Creativity – Both to maintain the enthusiasm of traditional audiences and develop new and ever-expanding audiences, the HSO must embrace “creative abandon”; it must be bold, adventuresome and inventive in the production of diverse and dynamic programming and experiences that both honor the music and successfully cultivate the next generation of orchestral music lovers.
- Sustainability – To assure the HSO’s perpetuity and a rich cultural life for our community, the HSO commits to financial, musical and institutional stewardship. While respecting the HSO’s traditions and musical heritage, we must embrace a culture of adaptability – – achieved through knowledge of state-of-the-art industry trends, innovation, technological savvy and a tolerance of responsible risk-taking.
- Integrity – To honor the contributions and participation of all HSO constituents, the HSO commits to respect, accountability, transparency, and honesty.