Frequently Asked Questions (Teachers)
Frequently Asked Questions (Discovery Concert Series)
For buses with handicapped students, at a performance in Mortensen Hall, you should stop at the Trinity Street entrance, where the ramp is, and drop off only the special-needs individual(s), along with at least one chaperone. The bus should then proceed to one of the bagged meters and park, at which time the other students will walk to the theater. For performances in Belding Theater, buses with handicapped students should stop at the brick courtyard on Capitol Avenue at the center of the Bushnell complex and drop off only the special needs individual(s), along with at least one chaperone. Again, the bus should proceed to one of the bagged meters and park, at which time the other students will walk to the theater.
2. Anyone leaving the auditorium during the concert will have to wait for an appropriate break in the program to re-enter. People re-entering may not always be able to go back to their original seats depending on the program and may be asked to take available seats in the back.
3. Groups arriving after the start of the concert will be seated at the discretion of the House Management.
4. No cameras, audio-video or other recording devices, cell phones, digital games, or music players should be brought to the concert. Use of any of these devices is prohibited in the hall.
5. A chaperone will be required to sit in the front row with any group seated on an upper level.
6. Please arrange children in a desired seating order prior to entering the building. Once seating load-in begins, students must quickly move straight across, down the rows. We cannot wait for certain classes to sit with each other, etc., as this causes traffic jams. Once a group is seated, teachers may move individual students within the section.
7. No one is allowed to sit on the floor or in the aisles at any time.
8. No hats may be worn inside the building.
9. No gym, food, or beverages allowed in the building.
10. Schools will be dismissed from the stage. Please stay seated until your school is called.