Info for Teachers – In School Ensembles
- Classroom or activity/reading room.
For a jazz ensemble a larger space is more appropriate due to the equipment involved and the sound level.
- For Auditorium performances, the school is responsible for having a microphone available and ready to use.
- An electrical outlet in the performance space for any electronic needs.
- Stands for each musician (2-5 depending on group) in the performance space.
- Chairs (adult size, armless) for each musician (2-5 depending on group).
Please note: The purpose of these requirements is to ensure that both the students and musicians are given the most optimal professional experience available outside a concert hall. Bringing the Hartford Symphony into the school setting is a unique experience for students and one in which we are proud to offer.