4/6/20 Update Regarding HSO Concert & Event Cancellations
Dear HSO Musicians,
I hope that you all are doing as well as can be expected during this difficult time.
I am writing today with an update from our last message (sent on 3/13/20) on the status of the HSO’s concert schedule for the months of April and May. In case you were not already aware, the executive order from Governor Lamont issued on 3/12/20 banning gatherings of 250 people or more through April 30, 2020 was amended on 3/26/20 to ban gatherings of 5 people or more through April 30, 2020. As such, it is simply not possible to assemble the orchestra at this time, and as the COVID-19 situation continues to worsen, it seems very unlikely we will able to do so immediately following the April 30 deadline. With all of this in mind, here are the updates for concerts and events in the near term:
- 3/28/20: Pops 3, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, has been rescheduled to Saturday, 4/24/21
- 4/8/20: Discovery 3, Link Up, is now cancelled
- 4/17/20-4/19/20: MW7, Rachmaninoff & Tchaikovsky, is now cancelled
- 5/2/20: Bravo Gala, has been changed to a virtual gala and the previously scheduled rehearsal and performance are cancelled (previously updated on 3/24/20)
- 5/3/20: Sunday Serenades 3, is postponed and we hope to reschedule with the Wadsworth to a later date
- 5/8/20-5/10/20: MW8, Enigma Variations, is now cancelled
- 5/13/20: Discovery 4, Seasons, is now cancelled
- 5/16/20: Pops 4, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back Live in Concert, has been rescheduled to Friday, 10/30/20
- 5/19/20: Intermix 1, TBD, is now cancelled
Due to the additional orders from the Governor closing all public schools and restricting visitors to senior healthcare facilities, most non-Discovery concert education have been cancelled. We will continue to be in touch directly with small ensembles on an individual basis with notification of cancellations or postponements.
At this time, all other regular concerts and events in June and July are currently scheduled to proceed as planned, subject to change.
For clarity I have also attached an updated Service Schedule which notes all of the changes due to the Governor’s orders related to COVID-19 to date highlighted in green. This information can also be accessed on the musicians’ portal here:
As mentioned in our previous update, ticket holders for all cancelled concerts are encouraged to donate the price of their ticket back to the HSO, exchange without fees, receive a credit, or if necessary, receive a refund.
Thank you, and stay healthy!